home facebook shop about contact

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Henry's Confirmation | Our Family




Yesterday we celebrated Henry's confirmation. It was a beautiful day filled with lots of sunshine and family. 

We have a non-traditional family, or do they call it a blended family? We just call it family. It's not what I ever would have chosen for Henry. Can you imagine?  "When I grow up, I hope I have a baby and I am not married to the dad!" I struggle with the guilt of this still 15 years later. It never goes away. And maybe I have parented a bit differently because of it too! But here's the cool thing about our family . . . we all get along! There have definitely been some lows and some fights and some hurt feelings, but we have always tried to put Henry first and what is best for him. And we want to be a positive example to our other children too!



Yesterday, as we all stood around H during the "Laying on of Hands" I couldn't help but get a bit emotional. First, as a mom it's always emotional seeing your children growing up. Second, to have his grandmas and grandpas, his siblings, his mom, his dad, his bonus mom, his bonus dad, his grandpa's girlfriend, Henry's friend's dad all stand with him and pray with him and for him . . . made my heart so happy. But I also had a sense of pride knowing we are being and doing our best for him.



Henry chose this verse for his faith statement during confirmation. I think he chose this verse because he really loved the friendship part of his Wednesday nights and found comfort in those new friendships. But as I re-read it again today,  I instantly thought it was a fitting verse for Our Family.












No comments :

Post a Comment